It has been way too long without an update. My bad! Sadly, I don’t have time for one tonight, as I’m getting up at 4am tomorrow to try and catch sunrise over the Angkor Wat. Pretty scenery? Yay. Getting up while it’s dark out? Boo. Ah well, it’ll be worth it.
Anyway, since my last trip update, I:
- Spent a day in Danang, Vietnam. It’s a city with an airport. There’s nothing else to speak of. (excursions, but those are available from other, more interesting cities)
- Spent a couple of days in Hue, Vietnam. It’s the former capital city, back when they had an emperor. The former palace is cool, there’s some temples and such, yadda yadda. I’m so jaded on ‘cities’ now.
- Spent several days in Hoi An, Vietnam. This is a touristy town, but very pleasant. Great for sitting with a book and a beverage. Did a cooking class, had some fun, relaxed. Very nice.
- Spent a couple of days in Saigon. Big, crazy, but not as stressful as I was expecting. Some really tasty food, met some interesting folks, said goodbye to Vietnam in style.
- And now I’m in Siem Reap, Cambodia!
I’ll post more details and pictures re the above when I get a chance, but I didn’t want to leave my loyal readers (all seven of you) breathless any longer.